Wednesday, June 2, 2010

River City Cook-Off, Blog #2: Excitement Mounts...



Mr. Ken Baker (a.k.a. "Kenny B") is gearing up for the cook-off. He got his picture in the paper and everything!

He says: "I don't really have a target audience in mind, so that kind of makes it interesting. Whereas at the restaurant, I know who I'm cooking for, for the most part. I guess I'm trying not to look at it like a competition. I'm just going to do what I do, put my heart and soul into it."

(Picture and quote from the Lawrence Journal World article "River City Cook Off: Top chefs compete in benefit for preservation of Kaw River", published today, June 2, 2010.)

Bringing together local chefs to celebrate local food and local resources is a really innovative way to raise money for a great cause -- the organization Friends of the Kaw, which focuses on preserving the Kansas River.

Another great reason to attend: the music -- again, from local musicians -- will be great. Here at Pachamama's, we're partial to the Danny Pound Band, but DJ Syrus, Ardys Ramberg and John Lomas, Congo Square and Approach are all amazing local talents, too.

You can get tickets at Pachamama's for $20 a pop; call or come in with any questions! 785.841.0990.

No comments:

Post a Comment