Friday, July 16, 2010

Hello and Good-bye!

Well, faithful blog-readers, it's time for me to formally introduce myself... and then say good-bye. I'm Becca Evanhoe. I've been writing these posts for the Pachamama's blog since its inception. And tonight is my last night as a manager here.

I started as a server two years ago, and moved up to manager about 8 months ago. Now I'm headed of to graduate school in a few weeks. I'm getting a little misty-eyed, trying to write about how much I've loved being part of the Pachamama's crew. It's difficult to talk about something you love without using cliches, but it's late, and I'm tired, so I'm going for it.

This has been the best job I could imagine. I've made some of my best friends. I've had a job that I looked forward to going to every day. I got to live in a world of daily food adventures and incredible cocktails. I feel lucky, lucky, lucky to have had the chance to work for this place.

Below is a picture of me, taken tonight. Pachamama's tradition: On your last night as an employee, you get a pie in the face. A pie** thrown with love and respect, of course. Tonight, for my pie-ing, the kitchen staff talked one of our favorite patrons into doing their dirty work: former Jayhawk and NBA retiree Scot Pollard. That's right; I had the honor of taking a pie in the face thrown by a sports superstar, making this pie-ing one for the Pach history books.

Scot looks great, but this isn't a flattering picture of me -- mostly because I'm laughing hysterically.



There IS a new manager hired in my stead who is the designated blogger and Facebooker. So rest assured that the Pach blog continues on!

Well, the restaurant is getting quiet, so it's almost time to close 'er on up. Goodnight, Pachamama's! I love you!

** We call them "pies," but it's really just whipped cream.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with grad school!....I want to get a pie in the face from Scot Pollard...

    ReplyDelete